Province of Utrecht wants everyone to be able to read and use all the information and services on our website. Therefore, we work continuously to make our website comply with the European standard EN 301 549 and the technical standard WCAG 2.1 on making content on websites and in web applications accessible to people with disabilities.
How we are working on digital accessibility
Our site is periodically audited for accessibility guidelines. An independent report on how the site's technology and content meet WCAG 2.1-AA guidelines is available for review.
Measures to increase accessibility
To be digitally accessible, we are working on:
- Understandable language
- For request processes replace office file formats with accessible web forms
- Reducing inaccessible PDFs and providing accessible alternatives
- Check for accessibility by an independent party.
The accessibility guidelines set high standards for pdf files. Provincial Government cannot guarantee that all the pdfs on the website meet the accessibility guidelines.
We do not initially adapt the old pdfs. However, we do make pdfs accessible upon request. To do so, please contact us at [email protected].
Are you running into an accessibility problem? Or do you have a question or comment about accessibility? If so, please contact us at [email protected]
What can you expect from us?
- You will receive an acknowledgement of receipt within 5 business days.
- We will inform you of the progress and outcome.
- Within 3 weeks, your request will be completed.
Are you not satisfied with the way your complaint was handled? Or have we not responded in a timely manner? Then you can use this complaint form fill out this complaint form.
On the website Digitoegankelijk.nl you can find more information about digital accessibility.